The American Herbalists Guild
The American Herbalists Guild was founded in 1989 as a non-profit, educational organization to represent the goals and voices of herbalists specializing in the medicinal use of plants. Our primary goal is to promote a high level of professionalism and education in the study and practice of therapeutic herbalism.
Members at all levels receive:
• Free subscription to the biannual Journal of the American Herbalists Guild
• Free subscription to our monthly member newsletter
• Discounts to the annual AHG Symposium
• Free access to the Professional Herbalist Training Webinars (live and recorded)
• Unlimited online access to past issues of the Journal of the American Herbalists Guild
• Unlimited online access to hundreds of recorded lectures from AHG symposia and webinars
• Access to Professional Liability Insurance
• Free events & course listings on the AHG Online Events Calendar
• Free listing of your books & publications on the AHG website
• Free membership in your local AHG chapter
• Certificate of Membership
• Free copy of the AHG Handbook of Mentoring Guidelines (pdf)
• Voting Privileges for individual members
• Discounts and services from many herbal suppliers, companies and schools:
- Discounted tickets for Mother Earth News Fair.
- $35 off admission to Traditional Roots Conference.
- Access to free, comprehensive, non-biased information inquiry services from the Center for Drug Information and Natural Products, CDINP, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy Health Sciences.
- 10% off wholesale prices for all Frontier Coop Branded products (this includes Frontier, Simply Organic or Aura Cacia).
- 10% Discount on Mountain Rose Herbs
- 10% discount on products purchased through Five Flavor Herbs
- Complementary 3 month trial to http://www.herbmentor.com/join/herbschools/
- 10% Discount to Sylvan Institute of Botanical Medicine for Professional AHG Members
- Wholesale Account eligibility and Wholesale Pricing (50% off retail) on Herbalist & Alchemist's Practitioner-quality herbal extracts and exclusive formulas developed by David Winston RH (AHG)
- 10% discount off of Michele’s Apothecary artisanal spa, skin care and wellness products
- 10% off tuition on all programs and courses at American College of Healthcare Sciences and 15% off all products in the ACHS College store.
Additional Benefits for AHG Professional Members
• RH (AHG) Credential
• Certificate of Professional Membership
• Promote your practice in AHG’s Directory of Herbalists
• Offer mentoring through AHG’s Mentorship Program
Additional Benefits for AHG Student Members
- Membership Discount
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Student Dscount for AHG Symposium
Benefits for AHG School MembersAll of our School Members Receive:
- Promote Your Herb School! Listing in our web-based Directory of Herbal Education
- A complimentary student membership in the AHG (to a student designated by the school)
- Representative to the AHG Council of Students
- Access to all member benefits (webinars, archives, MP3 downloads) for your library
- A subscription to the Journal of the American Herbalists Guild
- A subscription to our monthly member newsletter
- $100 discount toward Sponsorship of the AHG Symposium
- Unlimited on-line access to past issues of the JAHG and to a growing library of recorded lectures from AHG conferences and seminars
Benefits for AHG Institutional Membership (for supportive organizations and companies)
- Three subscriptions to our Journal of the American Herbalists Guild (JAHG)
- Three member logins to access member only pages on our website
- A twenty percent discount on ads placed in the JAHG
- A logo listing on our website with link to your site
- Logo recognition and a link to your site in one out-going AHG newsletter per year
- A new member discount joining discount of $10 off (not applicable for renewing members) for members of your organization.
- Three discounted tickets to AHG Symposium