Thank you to all our members for your patience as we've revised the Registered Herbalist application process. The AHG staff and Admissions Coordinator along with the Education Commmittee have collaborated to clarify the entire process of understanding the steps needed to become a Registered Herbalist. The results of the first phase of our work have been completed and we're making them public today.
Here are some the exciting new changes we'd like to share:
- We are now accepting RH applications using our new online application system. Read more about Becoming a Registered Herbalist here.
- Created specific definitions for "educational hour" and "clinical hour" to clarify the criteria for RH applicants and our member schools. Read more here.
- Revised the language in our application and educational requirements to be more inclusive and representative of the diversity of the herbal community we serve.
- Created an RH application timeline to provide all applicants with a clear description of the review process and set up more efficient systems for communicating with applicants.
- Reviewed the AHG website for accuracy and consistency in our educational guidelines, RH requirements, and the admissions process in general.
- Launched the "Why RH" educational campaign to educate the herbal and medical community about the work of Registered Herbalists. Check out the new WHY-RH.com Website.
We weclome your input about the first phase of our project. We realize that this is an evolving practice and we invite our members to share their feedback. We know there are always ways we can do things better!
FREE Webinar: RH Application Walk Through and Q&A Session: To learn more about the new Registered Herbalist application process, join Admissions Coordinator Patricia Kyritsi Howell on Thursday, June 18, from 8:00 to 9:00 pm ET for a free informational webinar, where you'll learn about the new online RH application and get your RH questions answered. The next deadline for RH applications is July 15, 2020. A recording of this webinar will be posted to the AHG website. To join the live webinar, bring your questions and Register HERE.
In the months ahead, we plan to launch the next phase of our work, increasing resources to support RH applicants including webinars and updates to our Mentorship Program. Our "Why RH" campaign includes more outreach to let everyone know about the important work being done by our Registered Herbalist members.
Again, we thank you for your patience and we look forward working with all of you to build and support our wonderful community of herbal learners.
We are grateful to the following for their hard work on this project:
Admissions Coordinator: Patricia Kyritsi Howell, RH(AHG)
AHG Executive Director: Mimi Hernandez, RH(AHG)
AHG Special Projects Manager: Sarah Houdek
Admissions Committee Chair: David Winston, RH(AHG)
Education Committee Members: Ashley Litecky Elenbaas, RH(AHG): Chair, Ellen Kahmi RH(AHG), Leslie Alexander RH(AHG), Kristine Brown RH(AHG), and Erika Galentin RH(AHG)