Post-Symposium Mental Health Intensive
Mind and Matter: Mental Health and Herbal Medicine with Benjamin Zappin and Amanda McQuade- Crawford
Monday, November 10; 9 am - 4 pm
Gain a comprehensive set of skills to confidently help clients with mental health concerns achieve their goals. This post-symposium certificate program will be geared towards the herbalist who would like to have a strong foundation in supporting clients as an individual practitioner or as part of a team.
This post-symposium intensive will draw from and supplement the dynamic roster of mental health-focused classes at this year’s Symposium and also make recommendations for practitioners to gain continued training and information to achieve full clinical competence.
Attendees who attend 4 workshops during the symposium in the mental health track as well as this workshop will be provided a certificate.
Topics of focus to include:
• Ethics & scope of practice
• Working as a team with other mental health care providers
• Expanded Materia medica - This section will tie together the plants and methods from other classes and amend as we see fit- and perhaps solicit feedback from fellow colleagues
• East/West formulary -This segment will look at some commonly available formulas and strategies from different herbal paradigms, from simpling to common and uncommon Chinese formulas.
• East/West pattern differentiation - This segment will explore some common diagnostic paradigms including DSM-5, Chinese medicine, specific indications, and other laboratory based methods