Florida Holistic School of Health
"Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also love of humanity." - Hippocrates
The Florida Holistic School of Health is dedicated to preserving many of the lost arts and ancient healing modalities that have kept families healthy for centuries. Our courses are formulated by Master Herbalist Donna McGee. Donna graduated from the University of Wyoming with a degree in Elementary Education and worked for Central Wyoming & Wyoming Adult Disabilities for four years as an Educator/ Workshop Trainer for special needs adults. She was first introduced to Herbal Medicine by my Grandmother and has fond memories of making soap with my Father; being a student of Yoga for many years the green of the earth started to call her. In 1982, she moved to Florida, and took her first herbalist course from Clayton College by mail and fell in love with the art of herbal medicine. Her children were raised on Herbal Medicine and her daughter uses some of the remedies she was taught as a child. After much reading of Gladstar, Donna enrolled in her online courses. Gladstar's style of teaching a breath of fresh air, but Donna still wanted a more clinical study so she could teach others how to make their own herbal medicines. In 1989, Donna enrolled in The School of Botanical Medicine in Orlando FL. After finishing that three-year comprehensive herbal studies program she went on to finish two graduate level clinical courses there as well. Donna continues to study intensively with other respected herbalist so she can share her knowledge of the body and its amazing ability to heal itself in her Herbalism Classes.
At The Florida Holistic School of Health We Offer:
6 Week Beginning Herbalism Course by Master Herbalist Donna McGee
In this beginner course we cover the history, folklore, myths, and science behind herbal medicine and how to add plant substances to your life for preventing and treating illnesses. In this six week course you'll learn:
-How to tell the difference between high and low quality herbs.
-Teas and Herbs for Aiding the Digestive System
-Immune system Herbal nourishers
-Aromatherapy 101: distillation, basic essential oil quality and types as well as uses for essential oils
-Lymphatic system tonics, toners and care
And much more! This is the perfect class to begin your journey to becoming a Master Herbalist, or a simple class to take for remedies to treat your family and improve general health.
6 Week Intermediate Herbalism Course by Master Herbalist Donna McGee
You can take your herbalism training to the next level with our Intermediate Herbalism courses. In this intensive six week training course you'll learn:
-Herbal Pill Creation
-Advanced Healing and Compounded Herbal Body Care Formulations: Mouthwash, Eyewash, Toothpaste and more
-How to Create healing Salves, Ointments, Lotions, and Butters
-More indepth information and healing with essential oils
-Healing our various body's systems internally with herbs
-Creating immune system boosters
-Create healing herbal syrups, cough drops and lozenges for cold and flu season
-And much more!
This is the second course that's required before you can finish your studies in our advanced 15 week Master Herbalism class.
15 Week Advanced Herbalism Course by Master Herbalist Donna McGee
Now that you have completed the 1st and 2nd course we invite you to continue your studies by taking it to the next level. Creating, Compounding and understanding the anatomy and physiology of the body. How best to care and create wellness in the body by once again adding herbal medicine and natural plant substances to treat and prevent illness. In this advanced course you'll learn:
- How to create your own client intake forms
- How to create your own product labels in compliance with local laws, rules, and regulations
- How to find the best insurance for selling your own products or setting up your own herbalism practice
- Practical advice and tips for creating your own product line
- How to create compounded, therapeutic, medicinal: bath bombs, bath soaks, soaps, lotions, ointments, salves, electuaries, tinctures, sprays, syrups, and much more
- More information about essential oils and how to combine these in your therapeutic treatments
- How to create your own shampoos, conditioners and healing medicinal hair and skin care products
- Advanced compounded tincture creation as well as how to percolate tinctures for swift overnight tincture creation
- Information about herbal, natural, and plant-based supplements like maca powder or coq10 and how to incorporate these into your treatments
- Creating herbal and natural plant based supplements
- How to recycle your expensive herbs, oils and products to create additional healing treatments
- Various ways to treat the common herbalism client complaints: digestion issues, inflammation, pain, internal cleansing, sleep, lack of energy and chronic conditions
At the end of the course you must:
-Complete all assigned classwork and homework
-Create your own product line
-Create your own intake forms with an attached biography and information about your practice
-Complete 20 clinical hours
-Treat at least 9 clients with your intake form (Donna will be available to help as needed)
-Choose 30 "herbal allies" and complete a comprehensive guide with detailed information (Scientific and all known names, all uses for the herb, etc.) on each herb
-Submit a Master Herbalism thesis on any topic related to Herbalism. This can be a case study, business plan, or detailed essay on any herbalism topic.
This course is 15 weeks and you will be required to have 20 clinical hours by the end of the 15 week period. In the end you will be a Certified Master Herbalist and able to see clients, start your own medicinal product line, or start your own practice!
We offer a wealth of information beyond our advanced herbalism courses. We invite you to explore them on our website's calendar at http://greenlotusstudios.com/
All of courses are available on-site or as distance learning courses.