Primary Goals of the AHG
- Honor diversity in herbal medicine, ranging from traditional indigenous models of herbalism to modern clinical phytotherapy.
- Establish AHG professional membership as a recognizable standard of competency in botanical medicine.
- Encourage the development of high standards of education that promote well-trained professional practitioners who offer high quality herbal care.
- Promote ecological health and increase awareness of issues surrounding plant sustainability.
- Strengthen the network of support and communication between herbal practitioners nationally and internationally.
- Foster high standards of ethics and integrity in the education and the practice of therapeutic herbalism.
- Promote cooperation between herbal practitioners and other health care providers, integrating herbalism into community health care.
- Serve as a liaison to other professional associations and regulatory agencies.
- Promote research in herbal medicine.