AHG Community Service Award
AHG Community Service Award
Herbalists Making A Difference!
The American Herbalists Guild Community Service Award was established to support individuals, projects or groups that are making outstanding contributions and lasting impact in the field of community herbalism through their knowledge, skills, and or services on behalf of others on a local or national level.
Congratulations to Occupy Euguene Medical Clinic for receiving the 2014 CSA Award!
Nominations Now Being Accepted for the 2015 AHG Community Service Award
The recipient of the award is recognized with a plaque award at the Annual General Meeting of The American Herbalists Guild, to be held October 17, 2015 at the 26th Annual Symposium. In addition, the recipient will receive funding in the form of a cash award to further their community efforts. Funding is made possible by donations and contributions received from the AHG Annual Silent Auction Benefit. All nominees will be recognized at the Annual Meeting, in the AHG Members Newsletter, and in the Journal of the American Herbalists Guild.
Help the AHG honor those in our community who are making a difference in the lives of others!
Any individual, group or project actively working with herbal medicine in a community setting is eligible to complete an application for consideration. The application process is open to all, though preference is given to American Herbalists Guild members.
We are particularly interested in funding community herbalism projects that:
- offer low-cost, sliding-scale and free services
- have identified and serve a special needs group or an underserved segment of a community
- have a proven track record of service and are in need of additional funds for continued growth or to assure uninterrupted services
- would use award funds to purchase herbs, herbal-related supplies and equipment to better serve their community
- serve diverse communities and do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of religious or political beliefs, gender, age, sexual preference, economic status, or ethnic background
How to Apply for the AHG Community Service Award
Any member of the American Herbalists Guild may make nominations for themselves or others in their community. Each AHG Chapter is especially encouraged to nominate one person or group for this award. Nominations may also be made at the request of the AHG council.
All applications must be received by August 14, 2015. Incomplete application forms will not be considered or presented to the council. Please read the form carefully for details and relevant deadlines.
Completed applications may be mailed to: email@example.com
Questions? Please e-mail Addie McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org