AHG Community Service Award
AHG Community Service Award
Herbalists Making A Difference!
The American Herbalists Guild Community Service Award was established to support individuals, projects or groups that are making outstanding contributions and lasting impact in the field of community herbalism through their knowledge, skills, and or services on behalf of others on a local or national level.
Download the Full 2014 CSA Nomination Form
Now Accepting Donations for the 2014 Silent Auction
to benefit the CSA and Herballists Health Trust
The recipient of the 2013 Community Service Award is Lorna Mauney-Brodek of Herbalista Free Clinic.
Nominations Now Being Accepted for the 2014 AHG Community Service Award
The American Herbalists Guild Community Service Award was established to support individuals, projects or groups that are making outstanding contributions and lasting impact in the field of community herbalism through their knowledge, skills, and or services on behalf of others on a local or national level. The recipient of the award is recognized at the annual symposium member’s meeting of The American Herbalists Guild. In addition, the recipient will receive funding to further their community efforts. Funding is made possible by donations and contributions received from the AHG annual silent auction benefit.
Help the AHG honor those in our community that are making a difference in the lives of our others!
Any individual, group or project actively working with herbal medicine in a community setting is eligible to complete an application for consideration. The application process is open to all, though preference is given to American Herbalists Guild members.
We are particularly interested in funding community herbalism projects that:
• offer low-cost, sliding-scale and free services
• have identified and serve a special needs group or an underserved segment of a community
• have a proven track record of service and are in need of additional funds for continued growth or to assure uninterrupted services
• would use award funds to purchase herbs, herbal-related supplies and equipment to better serve their community
• serve diverse communities and do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of religious or political beliefs, gender, age, sexual preference, economic status, or ethnic background
How to Apply for the AHG Community Service Award
Nominations may be made by any member of the American Herbalists Guild, or an individual or group may nominate themselves by submitting an application. Each AHG Chapter is especially encouraged to nominate one person or group for this award. Nominations may also be made at the request of the AHG council.
All nominations must be accompanied by a completed application. All applications must be received by October 7th, 2014